Safety on our roads is a collective responsibility for all road users both pedestrians and motorist.This week on Security and Safety alerts on radio we will discuss a very important topic which will help reduce your risk of being involved in a crash as well as improve your personal safety and security as a motorist.
Our experts will be talking about Security and Safety for motorist.
It is our knowledge and adherence to simple security and safety tips that brings sanity on our roads. Below are a few of the tips our experts will be sharing tomorrow
Pedestrian Safety Tips
- Cross streets at a corner, using traffic signals where available and crosswalks.
- Always look left, right, and left again before crossing a street, and keep watching as you cross. Be aware that drivers have differing levels of eyesight and skill in operating motor vehicles.
- Pedestrians should be especially careful at intersections, where drivers may fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians while turning onto another street.
While driving, take some personal safety precautions:
- While in your car, keep the doors locked at all times.
- If you find yourself being followed while driving, try to keep calm and maintain your driving skills. Go to the nearest police station, petrol station or well-lit convenience store. Only leave your car when you feel the threat has passed. Report the incident to the police.
- Plan your trip in advance so that you are not sitting in your car with the light on reading the street directory at night.
Remember its Live on Radio Gold 90.5 fm
Connect with us via
WhatsApp: +233 243918488